This website is under development.
The purpose of this IAU Division A Commission is to facilitate advances in astronomy, and other fields in science and engineering, by developing, implementing, and communicating fundamental IAU-endorsed standards for fundamental astronomy. Such standards include, but are not limited to:
- celestial & terrestrial reference systems/frames and the transformations among them;
- time scales;
- precession-nutation models;
- Earth rotation and polar motion, including physical models (e.g., Earth's gravity field, lunar gravity field, Earth interior model, solid Earth-tide modelling);
- star catalogues;
- ephemerides of Solar System bodies;
- coordinate systems of Solar System bodies;
- special and general relativistic models for time and space.
FS will serve as the primary point of contact between Division A and the user community regarding standards for fundamental astronomy.
Send comments, questions, suggestions to: @ President of C.A3.